viernes, 20 de febrero de 2015

One, two, three.... FIGHT!

Sincerely I had a better idea of what I wanted to write yesterday in the morning, but since I was going to school I couldn't. I even don't know where to start, though I have a  need to write about it, so here it is.

Lately I've been thinking about what does live means and what's our purpose as a man in the world. I had already asked this myself a pair of years ago, but just not a long time ago I had to read the second world's war's literature (or literature about people that lived during the second war)  and I finally came with a conclusion, that maybe not all of you may accept, yet I'll write about this since I have the urge to write about it. So well, our main reason in the world ( I say world not life) is just the same as another being living on the planet Earth, and it is surviving and keeping our kind alive. However the man needs a purpose, a goal to try to keep going. And that's what makes us different than the rest of the living things in the planet. Sorry if you don't like my way of thinking, but that's my conclusion. We as humans live and not only exist, we get to understand and enjoy the beauty the planet Earth gives us and consequently we see the bad things and suffer from them. I might say that since we ate the apple of the wisdom we enjoy and endure in the same time.

So what's the difference between living and existing? Existing is just about keeping all our needs satisfied as sleeping, eating, sex (keeping our race alive) and going to the bathroom. In the other hand living is pretty much different and way more complicated. I think that you need to have a goal and to get a feeling from everything you do to be able to live. It can be happiness, sadness, anger, enthusiasm... The feeling might defer, but as long as you experience one of them, you are living. So you have to feel, what for us humans is nothing we can't do, and you have to have a goal. Of course everyone wants to live a  happy life and we all search for something that will bring it, but as I said before, each human has a different way of seeing the things, therefore each person has a different way to achieve their goal, their happiness... Some people might think that their goal is leaving something after them to show that they lived, some might think that just living the present is everything and some others might think having a family and to be surrounded by the ones they love is their purpose. The list is huge, million of goals of every kind, as if you were in a candy store where you see sweets of every colors and flavors. Nevertheless this variety can cause more difficulties to some people that have already a problem in finding their purpose in live. Personally I think that each of us has more than one goal we want to achieve, and if you belong to the last group I mentioned I can give you a tip to find one- You ought to analyze the things you enjoy doing and search something related to them and then maybe you'll find something interesting you want to achieve. Sometimes it just falls from the sky, but rarely. Better search for it.

Well, you have a goal you want to achieve. First step- Done! However, as much as it hurts, life doesn't always go as we plan and in our way of achieving our goal there appear obstacles we have to overcome. And that's when the cruel and fun part of  life begins. When you stand before an obstacle you look for a way of over-passing it, so that you can continue your journey. You can meet with two possibilities: The first one you try and succeed so you keep going, or the second one you try and  fail, so you stay in the same place. The last option is the cruel part of life. The fun one is whether you have the guts to stand up and keep trying. I can fairly say that must of us is scared of the second option, since facing failure is not something we wish for, because it shows we lack something. And also this is the most difficult part of life, because here is when you prove how much capable you are and how far you can go to your accomplish your purposes. I admire the people that over passed their obstacle at the first try, but I  admire far more the ones that failed and kept trying till they over passed it. Those kind of people are the ones that really have the power to change and control their lives. They fight their fears and overcome them. They don't let the world direct their lives and limit their possibilities. But there also exist those kind of people that they don't even try because they are just to scare to even do that. Of course I won't say that having "failure" as an option is really tempting, but I got to know (by the bad way) that you lose far more don't trying than trying. When you try you can succeed or if you fail you have the satisfaction that at least you tried and you aren't a coward. Moreover the best thing is that you won't be asking yourself "what would have happened if I had tried?". Believe me,  I once "restrained" myself and didn't do something, because I was too scared of failing and you know what? Later I got to know that I could have achieve my goal, If only I had tried, but because of my cowardice I didn't.

I think that facing each obstacles, fears and overcoming them, are what live means. After you over passed these difficulties you have these feeling of achievement, of greatness, because you did something that was really challenging for you  and you achieved what you had been longing for. Furthermore, you are able to control your life, you aren't restrained to do things you want... you're kind of invincible! Certainly there are situations, where the decision is not only yours and you have to know when to give up, but of course after you had tried. Always try to fight for your goals, because you never know what can happen!

And that's all I want to say to all of you, but also for all of you that feel too weak and powerless to even try, please don't give up. Don't let yourself be guided by the world, because you won't be doing what you want and as I explained that means you won't be living but just existing. As humans we are weak creatures, that need the help of another human. So you always can ask your closest friends, family or lover(s) to support you. I'm pretty sure they won't deny. But that doesn't mean you have to be dependent of them, just having one person that believes in you, when you don't, is really helpful. Life is not easy, not at all, I'd rather say it's the most difficult thing there is, but there's a saying: "the more difficult something is, the more worthy". Don't you think maybe that's true?

So that's all now. Thank you for reading me and I hope I had given you a little bit of a kick to face your fears!

2 comentarios:

  1. Ya dijiste suficiente mi querida Beatriz..has madurado y tienes el mundo por delante para desarrollar todo lo que te propongas...hasta la victoria siempre!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Gracias! Espero que asi sea y que aunque tenga muchos problemas y obstaculos poder superarlos para poder desarrollarme como persona y vivir felizmente. Gracias!

      Eliminar